whyrl: (mad scientist)
Pulling this info out into a separate entry. This is how to set up the iPhone to enable data access on the US T-Mobile network.


Enable 3G: off
Data Roaming: on
T-Mobile recommends turning WiFi off, but I have had no problems with WiFi enabled.

Settings->General->Network->Cellular Data Network

Cellular Data
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Username: (blank)
Password: (blank)

APN: epc.tmobile.com
Username: (blank)
Password: (blank)
MMSC: mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: (blank)
MMS Max Message Size: (blank)
MMS UA Prof URL: (blank)

Note: This requires an unlocked iPhone, obviously. Ask your carrier about getting your phone unlocked. It took me about two weeks with Optus in Australia and they did it at no charge.
whyrl: (Default)
"Hello sir and welcome to Micro Center! Did you find everything that you were looking for?"
"Yeah, sure."
"How are you?"
"Uhh, I have a bit of a cold."
"You know. Cold. I've got the flu or something."
"Oh, okay. Swipe your card."
"Can I have your name please?"
"Okay, Whyrl. And your address?"
"Uhh, it's in Australia."
"... Well, I guess that won't work then. Australia, huh? I guess that explains why I couldn't understand you at first."
"Huh, yeah."
"So what brings you to Kansas?"
"... I don't know."
"Yeah. Well it's really cold out here."
"Actually, I'm enjoying the cold. It's really hot back home in Australia, they're having a heat wave."
"Yeah, it's really warm. This is a good change for me."
"Okay. Have a nice day sir."
whyrl: (fc2010)
This post was brought to you by Twitter because I can't remember what the freak I did over the 5 days at FC. I didn't update this during the con for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I was too busy. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, the wifi was too unreliable so I didn't bother pulling out my laptop. (Yes, I guess I should have blogged offline and uploaded the entries later.) Okay, thirdly, I was wrecked by the end of every day of the con.


I queued up in the pre-registered line and had my membership badge within about ten minutes of the line moving. I saw [livejournal.com profile] expandranon in the sponsor line and waved at him but he obviously didn't recognise me. There were a couple of teenage girls in the line immediately ahead of me and I couldn't help listen in to their conversation. "I found my soulmate! Yeah, I met him last Thursday! It's so awesome." Apparently she'd just turned 19 too.

This year, in honour of the Gold Rush theme, FC was handing out gold in the registration packs to a few lucky attendees. Unfortunately, I got pyrite. Surprisingly, [livejournal.com profile] wolfwings found gold in his!

After registration, I jumped into the gryphonmobile with [livejournal.com profile] wolfwings and we ran out to the airport to pick up [livejournal.com profile] wolf_nymph and Preston. This saved them forking out $20 apiece for the SuperShuttle (ouch). We were a little early so we ended up doing several loops of the terminals in the car.

Thursday evening was the first time I put on my gryphon fursuit for this year's con. I think I went to the fursuiter lounge first, where I got a few compliments on the costume. "That costume makes ME want a gryphon."

I got out of my fursuit after about 45 minutes, then wandered down to the opening ceremony. I had some nibbles, bumped into [livejournal.com profile] bush_rat, waved at [livejournal.com profile] frysco, then went back up to the room because I was dehydrated, underfed and I had a headache.

[livejournal.com profile] wolfwings pointed out to me that tap water is a good source of hydration. Sometimes the obvious eludes me.


[livejournal.com profile] wolfwings and I needed to do laundry badly so we got up at 5am to hit the laundromat at 6. It was dark, wet and cold out. Unfortunately, the laundromat didn't open until 7! D'oh! We had to return to the hotel to warm up a bit before heading back to the laundromat. They had a ridiculous system where you had to put credit on a swipe card and use the card to purchase detergent and run the washing machine and dryer. It was a successful laundry run in the end, though. Will have to utilize it next time! Supposedly there was a closer laundromat though. It's odd that the Fairmont doesn't have laundry facilities.

After we got back to the hotel I napped for a few hours. Ten minutes after waking up again I got into my fursuit because [livejournal.com profile] wolfwings and I attended the "How To Dance In Fursuit" panel.

That panel was ... interesting. I am absolutely shithouse at dancing because I have no rhythm, no imagination and because I'm not relaxed I move very jerkily. Still ... I guess at least I have some vague semblance of how to dance in fursuit. Might come in handy if that ever happens. =P

I'd really like to try DDR in fursuit. I think I would look ridiculous.

I wandered off out of the dance panel after 45 minutes or whatever it was. I think that was when I wandered into the dealers den for the first time in fursuit. I met [livejournal.com profile] likeshine in person! Yay! Picked up my badge from her. I needed to collect a couple of pictures from her but it's somewhat inconvenient handling art in fursuit, so I nodded when she asked if I'd be back later out of costume.

I don't really like to talk in fursuit. I'm not really sure why. I guess it feels inappropriate. Plus it's fun to mime, or at least nod and shake my head absurdly. Sometimes talking is unavoidable, and in those situations it's not like a taboo or anything for me. But yeah, keeping quiet is something that I do well. =P

It's also a bit strange when I get out of fursuit and find myself miming instead of talking. Oops!

I had this horrible habit for the entire convention of forgetting to eat. People who know me would find this very strange, because I'm almost obsessive about eating meals at particular times of the day. I need to have breakfast before 9am, lunch before 2 and dinner before about 8pm, otherwise I get very, very cranky. Skipping entire meals just makes things worse. Any time I was in a sour mood during the con it's probably because I hadn't eaten.

I tweeted at 1:30pm about being hungry (I'd eaten a few corn chips at 8am and nothing since). [livejournal.com profile] frysco responded and took me to a nearby place called Smoke Eaters. They do spicy chicken and burgers. It's not nearly as good as Nando's, but it certainly fills the spot. That was actually the first time I got to socialise properly with [livejournal.com profile] frysco. Previously we'd only talked in passing.

In the elevator back up to my room I bumped into Foxofire.

Foxo: *stares at badge* "Whyrl! Are you from Australia?"
Me: "Yeah."
Foxo: "Oh neat! Brisbane?"
Me: "Yeah, I'm from Brisbane."
Foxo: "Oh, cool! I'm from Brisbane too! Do you go to any of the fur meets?"
Me: "Nup."
Foxo: "Oh. Well, it was nice meeting you!" *steps out of elevator*

No, I don't go to local furry meets. I'm just not interested. It is a bit silly travelling halfway around the world and meeting a local for the (possibly) first time.

Friday night had the Gryphon Panel hosted by [livejournal.com profile] eclipsegryph and assisted by many. Eclipse has a good summary of the Gryphon Panel at FC2010 so go read that! Of course, I HAD to show up in costume. Just like last year at the panel, I received a lot of compliments on the fursuit. The only downside is it gets a bit hot sitting through the panel for 90 minutes without a break. The biggest thing I took away from the panel was that I really, really need to read through the Gryphon Pages at some point! [livejournal.com profile] phar tracked me down there but left after a while because I wasn't going to "talk in class". This was easily the most well prepared panel that I attended at FC this year. Great job!

I was getting incredibly peckish after the panel and hot so I went back up to my room to remove my gryphon gear, then wandered off alone outside to find something to eat. I wandered aimlessly for a while. There was a lot of drunks out on the street. It was cold, dark, wet, and generally miserable. Eventually I gave up wandering and went back to SmokeEaters because I had no clue where else to go. This was one of the low points of the con for me as evidence by my earlier LJ entry. Fortunately I'm getting better at ignoring/fixing my crappy moods and getting back to having fun!


Saturday morning started with breakfast at the bakery next to the Fairmont. It was the first time I'd been in there since the con had started. It was PACKED. They had a take-a-number system and were very efficient and friendly despite the workload. I bet they had NO idea that this was coming, along with many other businesses in the area.

I wanted to hit the dealer room early so that I could hopefully pick up a couple of commission spots. I didn't realise the dealers den opened at 10am, not 11. D'oh! Plus I probably should have been in there at opening time Friday instead of Saturday when a lot of the artist schedules were already full.

I did manage to snag another sketch from [livejournal.com profile] likeshine!

Likeshine: "That'll be $30."
Me: "... How about $40?"
Likeshine: "... Okay! I've been to 39 cons and no one has ever done that before."

I must have gotten into my fursuit again after that. Oh wait, duh - that was the fursuit parade!

[livejournal.com profile] wolfwings and I got down nice and early to the ballroom to assemble for the parade. [livejournal.com profile] wolfwings' mom, [livejournal.com profile] batnwolf, was going to join us too, but I think she chickened out. We basically stood around for 45 minutes waiting for fursuiters to assemble and the parade to start. It was too wet for us to go outside to the park across the road, so the parade left the ballroom, looped around the ballroom level and through part of the dealers den, then back into the ballroom. There was a rough count of 479 fursuiters in the parade, so fursuiters were returning to the ballroom long before we got out into the parade (we were near the back). I got heaps of comments, chuckles, and compliments on my gryphon! Especially my "insane in the birdbrain" tee - that was the best $20 I've spent on a shirt!

[livejournal.com profile] wolfwings and I did a run in the gryphonmobile to Subway to pick up a few sandwiches at around 4pm. Yes, I'd forgotten to eat lunch. Note for anyone with a car contemplating going to Subway: walk. Seriously. It works out much quicker than driving.

After we'd returned to the Fairmont, [livejournal.com profile] warphammer asked if I wanted to have dinner with him and [livejournal.com profile] archai. Whoops. But I said sure, because I wanted to be sociable. Plus I managed to cram some soup in a sourdough bowl into me. Mmm, sourdough. I think that was Erik's Deli Cafe in Sunny Vale.

After food we went back to Warp's place so that I could grab my coat and finally print out the con badge that Rose had made me. Dyesub printer to the rescue! [livejournal.com profile] archai did a great job of trimming it.

Attended the Dragon Panel because none of us were interested in the masquerade. In hindsight, perhaps I should have gone to the masquerade. Maybe next year? Anyway, the Dragon Panel was very silly. We walked in late and we were asked to introduce ourselves. I said I was "a wedge-tailed eagle, or possibly a gryphon". The discussion then turned to whether a dragon or a gryphon would win in a fight. They decided that all things being equal then the gryphon would win easily. The panel quickly turned to FYIAD and discussion of everyone's dragons' characteristics.

After the Dragon Panel was, of course, the Adult Dragon Panel. [livejournal.com profile] archai sensibly left the room. The adult panel was ... interesting. It was essentially a slideshow of artwork (much of it not to my taste, but I can still appreciate good art) with discussion from the contributing artist. The room was way too small for the number of people in there. Gryphons didn't fare too well when they were featured in the art, so if there's an Adult Gryphon Panel next year it'd be nice to get some comeuppance (pun NOT intended). ;P

Incidentally, I got "outed" as a gryphon during the adult panel. That was kind of embarrassing.

Last year during FC I developed "phantom tail" when I wasn't wearing my tail, which was a little weird. This year I seemed to have developed "phantom stompyfeets". After I'd taken off my stompy foot paws it felt like I was still wearing them. XD I know I'm a lost cause. This was already established last year.

One of the things I'd been meaning to try at FC this year was to attend at least one of the dances. Unfortunately, I failed to attend any of them. Part of the problem is that most of them started at 10:30pm and by that time I'm winding down for the night. The Dead Dog Dance started at 7pm I think but I got called away for dinner. ... Not that I'm TOO disappointed that nobody witnessed my dancing crapitude. =P


More time in fursuit! Some other stuff may have happened but I didn't tweet about it. =P

I think the avian photoshoot was Sunday afternoon. [livejournal.com profile] expandranon and I were the only gryphons in attendance at the shoot. There was a flock of birds and us gryphons got shooed away for some bird photos. Unknown to me at the time, while I was waiting for the shoot there was a photographer from a local paper!

[livejournal.com profile] wolfwings makes a point every year of buying a ton of pizza for the dealers den after they close on the Sunday. I decided to tag along because I like errands, I was at a bit of a loss as to what to do that afternoon, and I was hungry so I was hoping to steal a slice of pizza. Yay, pizza delivery gryphs!

Had dinner at the Pita Pit with Warp (who didn't eat anything). It was actually pretty decent. Kind of like a kebab shop but they made pitas obviously.

I must have been tired and cranky again because I tried to have an early night. [livejournal.com profile] batnwolf was watching tv so I couldn't sleep (idiot bird, I should have asked her to turn the tv off), and [livejournal.com profile] wolfwings appeared later with a friend and was having a conversation with him, whilst I had my head buried underneath the covers. I got out of bed and started grabbing clothes to get dressed, then flipped out and slammed a door. [livejournal.com profile] wolfwings and friend left the room, and I left shortly afterwards. I took a walk downstairs to try to calm myself down. I passed Kigeni and [livejournal.com profile] likeshine during my walk. I'm sorry I stormed off abruptly!

I ended up in the foyer of the South Tower just ... trying to destress. Sorted things out though with [livejournal.com profile] wolfwings and we took a 2am expedition to Jack In The Box. Yay!


I didn't stick around for Monday last year because I thought the con was dead that day. This year, well ... I didn't get to spend much time in the hotel but the evening was probably the best of the con for me.

That morning, [livejournal.com profile] batnwolf went down to the bakery to pick up some coffee and food. When she returned, her wallet had disappeared. She spent the next hour(s) searching for it and freaking out. Then she went through the process of having her cards cancelled and replaced. Hence her and I ended up at the DMV while [livejournal.com profile] wolfwings was at the Hiss N Purr.

The San Jose DMV was .... yeah. It was an awful lot like Queensland Transport, or an RTA office. You take a number, wait for your turn, then go up to the counter with your paperwork. We were there for two hours. Fortunately, everything got sorted. We waited outside for [livejournal.com profile] wolfwings to collect us and there I was in shorts and a t-shirt because I rushed out of my room without thinking.

Had a Google Voice translation while we were waiting for [livejournal.com profile] wolfwings to pick us up: "Hey, we're a little things that I'm having my little a contract in the parking pass that you were sent out. Bye"

There was a bit of a mixup between me and the hotel. We were originally supposed to check out Monday, but Sunday night we decided to stay an extra night. I called the front desk and they said that was fine, and that we should collect new keycards. We didn't collect the cards, and at about 5pm Monday, one of the hotel staff knocked on the door and wanted to know why we hadn't checked out yet. I called the front desk again and they said I needed to pick up the keycards to confirm the booking change. Aiee.

[livejournal.com profile] kreggan (Kyreeth) took a bunch of us out to dinner at a nearby Italian restaurant, Il Fornaio. [livejournal.com profile] warphammer, Terraluna, [livejournal.com profile] expandranon, and [livejournal.com profile] terminotaur were with us. The meal was epic. Started with some crusty bread, with olive oil and I think balsamic vinegar for dipping. [livejournal.com profile] kreggan ordered a $75 bottle of wine for the table (I forget what it was, but it was good). I had canneloni for my main and an awesome chocolatey thing for dessert. Topped that off with a glass of port.

Got back to the hotel right before the Dead Dog Dance wrapped up. D'oh! Got back into fursuit and successfully managed to order and drink a martini all without removing my gryphon head! Ridiculousity. It's not easy drinking with a beak, but straws help.

I also discovered that I got my photo in the local paper, the San Jose Mercury! That really appeals to my gryphon side. *froof* That really topped off my con with a dash of awesome!

Things I've yet to do at FC but apparently should

* Participate in the Critterlympics
* Go to a dance
* Watch Furry Night Live
* Buy a sketchbook page commission

Incidentally, I've probably made more friends AFTER the con than during it, which is kind of kooky.
whyrl: (Default)
For the record, today was pretty good. Keeping well fed improves my mood immensely, and there were a couple of highly entertaining dragon panels this evening (despite the gratuitous gryphon bashing). Plus I have cookies and more Likeshine art to look forward to. Yay!

And of course I almost forgot the fursuit parade. Lots of great compliments on my costume. People loved my shirt too. XD

whyrl: (Default)
It feels like I'm over FC already. I'm not getting the same level of social interaction that I got last time and it just feels lonely. As much fun as it is wandering around in fursuit, regardless of whether or not I'm in costume I've been wandering around the con alone. I miss hanging out with Rose and Felix.

Wolfwings is a great roomie and travel buddy but at the con he's super busy running around so I barely see him. Kreg, Warp and Archai are also super busy taking over Tugrik's photo duties. And I've barely been able to track down anyone else at the con. As great as it has been meeting some of you for the first time... this year is starting to suck. =/
whyrl: (Default)
I just realised I haven't updated this thing since I landed! Whoops.

To summarise:

Monday, [livejournal.com profile] wolfwings finally picked me up from the airport, took me to where his aunt and uncle were staying in Laguna Woods, I crashed out for 5 hours, we had dinner at his dad's place in Topanga, drove around some parts of L.A. *forgetful*, hit a WalMart for supplies, then went back to Laguna Woods.

Tuesday, picked up WolfWings' mum, went out to T-Mobile to get a sim card for my phone, got caught in a storm which dumped a shitload of rain and issued a tornado warning, spent the afternoon trying to get my damn phone working, took photos of a flooded creek, high-tailed it north towards San Jose to escape the weather (successfully!), had dinner at Wienerschnitzel, and got emergency crashspace thanks to [livejournal.com profile] drewkitty.

Wednesday, checked into the Fairmont Hotel (venue for FC2010), wandered around the neighbourhood with [livejournal.com profile] batnwolf, went to the Ansel Adams exhibition at the San Jose Museum of Art (his photography is incredible), tried to get into the Star Trek exhibition at the Tech Museum but got turned away as it was too late in the day, went out to dinner at an Indian restaurant with [livejournal.com profile] warphammer, [livejournal.com profile] archai and ______ (didn't catch his name).

Additional blather )
whyrl: (Default)
Anyone got crash space for 3 in the Bay Area for tonight? We're running ahead of schedule because we decided to bolt north ahead of the severe weather.

Edit: Found crash space!
whyrl: (sleepy)
...and I'm stuck in LAX until my ride shows up!

This makes me nervous because I'm uncontactable except online. I dished out the $7.99 to connect to T-Mobile's wifi here. Wifi should be free in airports, dammit! It's a pain in the butt having a phone that doesn't work. I have a prepaid AT&T sim but it's expired and useless. Why doesn't AT&T have a presence here?? This airport is all kinds of retarded.

So anyway, talons crossed that I'm not waiting here much longer.

V Australia = massive win. The plane was great, the flight relatively smooth, reasonable legroom, comfy seats, good food (except the lemon cheesecake which tried to kill me), and we were only in the air for 12 hours instead of 15 like the United flight last year.

It's misty and rainy here in LA, which is good because it hides this fugly shithole city. Perhaps more importantly, it washes away the smell.

My body clock is screwed up majorly. I got maybe 1 or 2 hours of sleep on the plane. I did however get a good night's sleep before I left, which is a huge advantage over last time.

It's so weird being in an airport and not wearing a tail.

I want to go upstairs where there's icecream and a power point for my laptop, but I don't want to leave the arrivals lounge in case Wolfwings shows up.


Jan. 18th, 2010 12:10 am
whyrl: (beer)
Killing a bit of time while my camera battery charges. I fly out to LA in the morning! I probably should sleep, but who could?

I was a big ball of stress all day today until about 6pm or so. I picked up some final supplies for my trip. A loose pair of jeans that I can wear with my stompy gryphon feet, a luggage strap, and a US->AU plug adapter (un-earthed, d'oh!).

Rose finished the modifications to my fursuit, Whyrl 1.5. The stompy feet are awesome and fun to wear! The new tail looks much better than the old one too. No other changes to the partial other than some repair work to the arms and new claws on the hands.

Photos here: http://www.quadrupedaljellybean.com/gallery148/thumbnails.php?album=172&page=1

I've packed way less for my trip than I did last time. This makes me very nervous and I can't shake the feeling I've forgotten something important. I'm sure I'll remember something when I'm on the plane, or possibly the first night when I open my luggage and can't find whatever I really need at that moment.

My cat Tiberius is purring and cuddling with me as I type this. How am I going to survive three weeks without my kitty??

Con badge from Rose. I need to get this printed!

Another badge from Likeshine: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3277409/

I've got the awesomest collection of badges!
whyrl: (ghost)
If Essence Sings In Twilight ever came into my house the cats would go nuts.
whyrl: (Default)
*dusts off journal*

So! I'll be at FC later this month! Who else is going? =D

Flights all booked! Fursuit under construction! Travel insurance booked, hotel room booked (con hotel!), FC pre-reg .. regged. Still need to get a travel card, maybe buy a lens or two for my camera, uhh, probably some other stuff too. *forgetful* I hope my US sim card still works! *crosses talons*

Travelling with [livejournal.com profile] wolfwings for the first half of the trip, then staying with [livejournal.com profile] buran for the second half. Less travelling than the last trip. Well....more roadtripping! Yay!

I'll be posting here daily like last time, and likely updating Twitter frequently.

Edit: Nope, cell number has expired! I'll get a new one before the con. ^^
whyrl: (Default)
* 8am gym session
* go in to work at 9
* buy two trestle tables from Bunnings
* buy ice for esky
* empty fridge
* go through my stuff at parents to sell
* go through stuff at home to sell
* find tv manual
* drop stuff off at Rose's
* get arrested for murdering nocturnal housemates
whyrl: (Default)
Job: Still working at Statseeker. I've been there since 2006. 3 years, yay! Moving towards working from home. Work bought me an awesome desk. Sweet. Will set up the soon-to-be spare room as a study.

Home: Jason is moving out after living with us for 11 months. More expensive for me, but it means I get a spare room to use as an office, plus I got to buy an awesome fridge (Fisher and Paykel, natch) and an awesomer front-loader washing machine (Siemens). I can't wait to spin the fur off my shirts.

Peta and I got to raise three kittens for Pet City for a few weeks. It was hard to let them go, especially the ginger one. Stupid three cat limit.

Social life: What social life? I'm still in the long running Exalted campaign, but that's pretty much it. Going to Further Confusion 2010! I want to finish my gryph costume.

Fitness: Still having personal training twice a week. I've managed 1 RM of 135kg for bench press, which is mad. Doing boot camp twice on Saturday mornings, plus the last few weeks I've been running 4+ km most mornings. Got my weight down from ~86kg to 82kg. I want to get trim for FC!

Also cleaned up my eating. Avoiding carbs for lunch and dinner (I don't really miss bread). I've cut out junk food and candy, and mostly avoiding fruit juice too. Water is fine! Plus I want to keep my eating sustainable, so I'm still eating tasty enjoyable food, and if I eat something unhealthy (eg chicken burger) once a week then that's fine.
whyrl: (Default)
I'm not dead, just on Twitter. I haven't even read LJ in about two months.
whyrl: (Default)
Yes, I am severely ticklish. No, I do not enjoy being tickled. In fact, I find it extremely unpleasant. I can only tolerate it briefly. One day I'm going to snap and lash out when someone tickles me. Please don't let it be you. Just don't do it.

Post from mobile portal m.livejournal.com
whyrl: (Default)

[livejournal.com profile] rosequoll has designed a "Bubby Bunyip" toy on Patch Together! She needs to fill 50 pre-orders before they start production. Check it out! http://www.patchtogether.com/?Product&pId=103
whyrl: (ponder)

These are horrible photos but I'm tired and cranky and fish are surprisingly difficult to photograph, so this is the best I'm taking tonight.

I'm really happy that I found an effective solution for mounting the light inside the lid. There's no way that's coming out unless I want it to. If I want to take it out, it's simply a matter of cutting two cable ties. =D Smarty bird is smart.

Zzzz. *flop*
whyrl: (sick)
So today I was sick with the flu ... I think? I was definitely coming down with it yesterday, and this morning I didn't feel too great, but since about lunchtime I haven't had any symptoms besides a slightly sore throat. Slightly. Maybe I've just got hayfever? I'm confused. Maybe my immune system kicked viral butt.

Anyway, I answered a work email this morning and spent the rest of the day doing laundry. I think I ran about 7 loads through the machine today. The shower curtain I bought two months ago from Ikea is covered in mould. I tried washing it to no great effect. I'll probably just throw it out. Maybe we need more fresh air in our bathroom. Stupid mould.

Had dinner (fish n chips) with parents and a brother this evening and watched a bit of rugby league on my brother's new telly. One brother bought a 40inch Sony Bravia (must be a crappy model because it looks ugly, the remote feels cheap and it doesn't even have picture in picture), and the other brother bought a 7.2 (*snicker*) surround sound system. Mum looked horrified when Dad and my bro unpacked all the speakers. I have a feeling only some of them will be hooked up next time I visit. I've had my 5.0 setup for four and a half years now and I still haven't bothered getting a subwoofer. Two is just silly.

Got about halfway through setting up the fish tank today. I rinsed it out good and filled it with about a 2cm layer of gravel. I need to add another centimetre of gravel before I can fill it with water. I spent about another half hour rinsing gravel when I got back from my parents' house, but decided to call it a night. There's always tomorrow!
whyrl: (sick)
Saw Star Trek (2009) with [livejournal.com profile] rosequoll last Thursday. We wore our TOS shirts. XD We're such geeks. We were very out of place. Stupid Garden City.

I drank heaps of caffeine so that I could stay awake during the movie. I didn't get to sleep until 2am, and woke up at 6. Four hours of sleep. D= I was a wreck Friday, but somehow managed to survive the day without passing out at work.

So since last Thursday I've avoided caffeine. I have been drinking one or two cups of tea each day, but certainly not the three or four cups of coffee plus random energy drinks like I've been imbibing. I've been relatively caffeine free for a week now and it's great to finally sleep properly again! I'm surprised that I haven't been nodding off at work like I used to. Monday was probably the hardest to avoid coffee but I haven't really missed it.

I had to drive my housemate [livejournal.com profile] roxxychan (Peta) to the hospital because she'd been sick for a couple of days and had painful joints. I dropped her off at 8pm, hung around for an hour, then went home to wait (and sleep). Peta called me to collect her at 3am! Remind me never to go to the hospital. :p

Anyway, turns out that she has a flu-like virus. Today I seem to have come down with it. I had a suspicion around noon that I was ill. By 3pm I was feeling pretty crappy and on the train home early. Some of my workmates are going to Interop in Las Vegas next week and I don't want to get them sick. That would seriously suck.

I think I'm going to take tomorrow off. Bleh.

November 2016

  12 345


RSS Atom

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 25th, 2017 09:53 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios